- get something on the calendar today, schedule yourself time.
- Even if you just schedule 30 min a week to watch YouTube videos(cutting technique, balyage,etc)
- have a plan, don’t just let this magically happen to you. You make it happen
- look at your schedule and inventory at the end of the week for the next week. Is there anything you need to buy, need to research, any one you need to follow up with to be sure you are prepared? Send reminders so you don’t have no shows?
As a salon owner I try to celebrate my staff, and am beyond grateful to each of them, but that’s different because I don’t always know what they are doing in their business that needs to be celebrated. And truthfully it’s not my job to.
— Set a milestone that when you hit it you will celebrate. Share on social media when you achieve it, for instant love. Or tell a friend (in the salon, or not) about your goal/milestone and ask a friend to celebrate with you when you achieve it.
-Don’t make this something huge that will take all year- make it manageable so that you have something to look forward to soon.
- Maybe hit a retail sales goal? Or even if it’s paying off some debt, or taking before/afters of every client. Or not letting your story go dark for a week.
- Celebrate appropriately. Don’t go buy a $3000 purse when you sell $1000 in retail. Say I will treat myself to a relaxing morning off, or dinner with a friend and acknowledge your success while at dinner, then just enjoy.
Your happiness at work is completely determined by you and your mindset but these three tips will help you get the right thoughts in your head, and keep it all top of mind, in order to have more balance and happiness at work :)
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
The New School Beauty Business 101 Course is here and ready for you to join! Get the first two lessons on us, to see if its a good fit for you to grow your business, and achieve your goals.